Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The day of the skunk

:::Here’s what I learned:::
When someone says… hey, be careful…. You should listen to them, process the information… and then pay heed to their warning.  You are NOT invincible… you are protected.  That means the faeries will send signs, signals and hints all along the way to keep you from the dangers that lie within.
Listen to these.  Don’t let them intimidate you… or keep you from your path.  But if it makes sense, and it’s a help, not a hinder… then LISTEN.
I suppose 
I am getting a bit on the cocky side of protected… I challenged it today and it showed me the error of my ways… that’s for sure. 
Sadly, Georgie, Grace, Maggie and a not so defenseless, but definitely pissssssed off skunk, also had to suffer.

Here's the rundown.
We're walking along peacefully.  A woman tells me of a skunk that is a bit further down the path.  I thought about it and "city girl" figured that the skunk would run and hide when it heard/smelt three big dogs coming.  Right?  Evidently not.
We came around a corner to a bench on the path and like a ninja this baby skunk comes charging at the dogs.  Grace got it in her mouth immediately.  Georgie kept trying to get a bite.  Maggie egged them on from the sidelines.  I screamed "Drop it! Drop it! DROP IT!!!!!!" while trying not to inhale as the skunk was spraying all over the place.  
Luckily they are good girls so I was able to get them to put it down and leave... despite the fact that they outweigh me by about 80 pounds.
My neighbor smelt me coming and offered a solution.  Google produced a recipe:
1 liter hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, 1 tsp dish soap
She headed out to get me Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking Soda... the dish soap I already had.  While she was out, I read further down the page she printed out for me and discovered their faces needed something less harsh.  They needed a douche.  The site recommended a specific douche, so I asked for that. 
The text went something as follows:
Hi there Mish, I know you and I just met and thus this is a particularly embarrassing question to ask.  But rest assured, it should make us friends for life.  Can you pick me up a douche?  Three actually.  One for each dog.          Then I went on to tell her the specific kind to get.
Ahhh, never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment